Mobile Barcode Scanner – A Smart Business Solution
Gone are the days when you have to use multiple devices for different functions. You had a cell phone for calling and messaging, your notepad, journal or a Palm Pilot to organise and list down the things you have to do and have already done, a music player to keep you entertained, a Game Boy for a few video games during break time, your watch to tell you the time, and the list goes on and on. Today, you only need one device. That could either be a handheld PDA with cell phone functions or a cell phone with PDA functions. If you are looking for a rugged handheld computer that would work best for you and/or your employees, you will definitely find many of those in the market today.
A barcode scanner is a business essential for many industries. This could be bulky and even heavy at times. Nowadays, you can already find barcode scanners handheld for more efficiency and convenience. Usually, a mobile barcode scanner is built in with a PDA, a cellphone or a tablet. A handheld barcode scanner that comes with a PDA is definitely more cost-effective and beneficial than a traditional barcode scanner. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Handheld scanners barcode are lightweight and less bulky which will allow you or your employees to bring it along the entire day without any inconvenience.
- A rugged handheld computer can withstand varying working conditions. There are devices that have been drop-tested or are guaranteed waterproof.
- Built with more features than just one, a mobile barcode scanner can offer many other functions which would be cost-effective rather than having to buy various tools and equipment for communication, documentation, etc. for your staff.
- Most barcode scanners handheld that come in a PDA device can last very long working hours. It can also easily be recharged.
- Furthermore, a handheld mobile scanner can also store more data. You may find one with enough built-in memory or one that has expandable memory via a memory card.
- GPS, mobile phone features such as calling, messaging and even going online to check one’s email can come with a rugged handheld computer. You will never have to lose communication with any of your staff in the field again.
Though it could be pricey at first when you decide to replace your traditional barcode scanners with a handheld PDA with barcode scanner, it will definitely be more cost-effective in the long run. Employees will soon get used to operating a rugged handheld computer, and productivity will definitely increase.